PRESENTING

Presenting Mrs. Taylor's Kindergarten Class Blog!

Follow our Reggio Emilia Inspired class to see what students are learning at Prince Edward School. Visit often, borrow ideas to enhance your learning at home, and most importantly discuss with your child their -- PLAYFUL LEARNING, EXPLORATIONS and DISCOVERIES at school!!!


Wednesday 19 October 2011

FireFighters Visit - October 18th



Our Little Fire Fighters

The Equipment 


 Mrs. DeYoung trying on the Fire Fighter's Equipment
She thought it was very heavy.


Some of our friends exploring the inside of a fire truck.





What the Students Learned --

Lucas - "I learned that some firefighters don't have dogs."
Cheyenne - "I learned that if there was a fire, and we had animals DON'T go back in."
Maya - " I learned they will pick me up and put me in the truck.  I saw lots of stuff in there."
Kaylo - "I learned they put out the fire."
Hannah S - "I learned that fire is dangerous and we don't want to get burned."
Ally - "We need to put the fire out."
Lydia - "Stop, drop and roll."
Savannah - "I liked to do the exercises with the Firefighters."

















 
Message to Parents:
  • Please remember to check your fire alarms.  Firefighters recommend a working alarm on every level of your home.
  • In case of a fire in your home, create a fire escape plan and make sure all members of your family know "the meeting place" once they are outside.  (Example: neighbours front porch, tree)