Presenting Mrs. Taylor's Kindergarten Class Blog!
Follow our Reggio Emilia Inspired class to see what students are learning at Prince Edward School. Visit often, borrow ideas to enhance your learning at home, and most importantly discuss with your child their -- PLAYFUL LEARNING, EXPLORATIONS and DISCOVERIES at school!!!
Tuesday, 24 April 2012
Thursday, 19 April 2012
- kids at their age should have 20 teeth (at around age 6, two teeth will fall out)
- you have to brush your teeth 2 for 2 - two times a day (morning and night) for two minutes (Lydia and Kyiah)
- there are germs in your mouth called sugar bugs (Lucas and Yohanna)
- the sugar bugs can cause cavities that will hurt (Natasha)
Monday, 16 April 2012
- experiment with building using a variety of different types of blocks
- fosters co-operative play (planning and problem solving)
- develops gross and fine motor control
- extend imaginative role-play and oral language
- explores math concepts (counting, comparing, estimating, sorting, height, area, measuring space)
- explore scientific concepts (balance, simple machines, structures, design process)
- Students have been building baby nurseries, houses, beauty parlors, stoves, garages, helicopters, bridges, transformers, motorcycles, dog houses and the list goes on.
Tuesday, 10 April 2012
Ideas for meaningful POPCORN WORDS at home!!!
Friday, 6 April 2012
Some of the students favourite activities are:
- broom ball with nets
- ball area (contains a variety of basketballs, scoops, rackets, chickens, beanbags, nets and containers)
- noodles (building, spaghetti and meatball game)
- tricycles, wagons
- hurdles and an agility ladder to jump over
- a mini slide with tumble mats for rolling and somersaults
- hoola hoops
- dancing with music
- plus many more physical opportunities using the manipulatives in a variety of ways
This week Ms. Murray introduced three new activities -- to practice BALANCING