The Literacy/ numeracy bags will be sent home periodically with your child. Feel free to do the activities when it best suits your family. Please support your child when needed and have fun interacting and playing alongside your child!
Quoted from the GECDSB website, "School is an extension of the home and parents play a vital role in the success of their child's experience. It's a proven fact; when children and parents talk regularly about school, children do better at school. When parents get actively involved, children not only get better grades, they are more motivated and have better self-esteem."
A few things to remember:
- All children are unique, have different abilities and are interested in different things. I have listed different ideas for you and your child to participate in. Feel free to change the activity as you see fit.
- It is okay if your child’s spelling is not perfect. Allow your child to independently sound out the words while writing. Encourage and assist them; this will provide them with confidence.
- Please do not feel rushed and think that the bags need to be returned the next day. Feel free to keep the bag at home to read the story with your child a couple of times. Have fun with your child!!
- Please return all the materials in the bag
- Please be kind to the materials, resources and bags. I have spent a lot of time and have used personal resources for these bags.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hestiate to call or inquiry.