- Many students have been very creative with boxes, making doll house, kites, vehicles and the list goes on.
- We baked mini pizzas with Mrs. Kelly's class. Next week, students will retell using pictures and oral language the steps of how they made their pizza.
- Working with numbers 1 - 10. We asked students to show us different ways to represent a number. For example: 5 , your child may print the digit five, spell the word five, draw 5 hearts, make a tally with 5 sticks, clap 5 times, or find 5 items. Practice this at home with their favourite number.
- A few students have been interested in Micheal Jordon. On the smartboard, we read his bio, the students were interested to see how tall 6"6' really is. We measured using large paper, two students drew a life size picture of Micheal Jordon. Other students wanted to trace their own bodies and color themselves.
- We received a class computer that will remain in our classroom for the remainder of the year. The computer has been a very popular spot in the classroom. The students play games cooperating together to share the computer.
- We are continuing to practise to indentify letters and their sounds. Students had opporunities to practise writing their letters and numbers using finger paint, flour, sugar, playdough, shaving cream, and gel bags this week. Continue to practice letters and sounds at home on a daily basis.
NEXT WEEK, our house centre will be changing to a DRESS SHOP. We are asking for donations of adult gently used dresses, costumes (no weapons), costume jewellery, shoes, plastic hats, and purses. Your donations will be appreciated by all the students and staff.