Presenting Mrs. Taylor's Kindergarten Class Blog!
Follow our Reggio Emilia Inspired class to see what students are learning at Prince Edward School. Visit often, borrow ideas to enhance your learning at home, and most importantly discuss with your child their -- PLAYFUL LEARNING, EXPLORATIONS and DISCOVERIES at school!!!
Sunday, 28 October 2012
Thursday, 25 October 2012
The Literacy/ numeracy bags will be sent home periodically with your child. Feel free to do the activities when it best suits your family. Please support your child when needed and have fun interacting and playing alongside your child!
Quoted from the GECDSB website, "School is an extension of the home and parents play a vital role in the success of their child's experience. It's a proven fact; when children and parents talk regularly about school, children do better at school. When parents get actively involved, children not only get better grades, they are more motivated and have better self-esteem."
A few things to remember:
- All children are unique, have different abilities and are interested in different things. I have listed different ideas for you and your child to participate in. Feel free to change the activity as you see fit.
- It is okay if your child’s spelling is not perfect. Allow your child to independently sound out the words while writing. Encourage and assist them; this will provide them with confidence.
- Please do not feel rushed and think that the bags need to be returned the next day. Feel free to keep the bag at home to read the story with your child a couple of times. Have fun with your child!!
- Please return all the materials in the bag
- Please be kind to the materials, resources and bags. I have spent a lot of time and have used personal resources for these bags.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hestiate to call or inquiry.
Saturday, 20 October 2012
- The students share an area to hang their coats. Daily children forget to hang their jackets and gather their own clothing. Therefore, please LABEL everything.
- We engage and foster independence. At home, please have your child practise putting on their own winter wear. If possible send MITTENS, not gloves. We have 25 students in the class, gloves would entail us to assist with placing 250 little fingers into 250 finger holes!!!!AAAHHHH
- Physical Education is currently on Friday's. Please send indoor shoes on Friday's. This will change when there is a holiday or PA day.
- We are a SCENT FREE classroom.
- Literacy/Numeracy bags will begin this week. More information will follow.
Monday, 15 October 2012
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
Throughout the day, your child spends the majority of his or her time in their classroom with 3 adults.